PureVPN is created by Hong Kong-based GZ Systems, which released their first version in 2007. It’s no mystery why they have created this product, since the freedom to access information without being eavesdropped or censored by the mainland Chinese government is of course a glaring issue in Hong Kong.
PureVPN supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices. Features include:
- Unlimited data transfer
- 450+ servers in 89 countries
- 77,000+ anonymous IPs and unlimited server switches
- 256-bit military-grade encryption
- 5 simultaneous logins
- Wide range of protocols, including PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN, and IKEv2
- Unlimited server switches
- Internet kill switch provides extra anonymity
- 99.99% uptime
- Automatic protocol selection for easy connections
PureVPN provides excellent uptime, guaranteed to be 99.99%. The offer an unusual number of protocols and provide servers in more countries than other competitors. Their product is easy to use with extra features not provided by competitors such as a kill switch. PureVPN provides unrestricted speeds and does not limit or throttle user speeds. The Stealth VPN browser, offered for an extra monthly fee, speeds up your connections, and keeps no browsing history, no cache, and no cookies on your computer to help you avoid tracking and surveillance.
$11.95/month, $143.40/year, or $72.10/6 months for 5 logins. They offer a 3-day money-back trial period. Additional add-ons are available at an additional cost, including:
- Web protection & NAT firewall
- Stealth VPN browser, which is a dedicated browser for enhanced speeds and privacy for high censorship countries and ISPs
- Dedicated streaming
- Dedicated IP only for your use
PureVPN provides 24x7x365 customer live chat support, an FAQ, and a forum.
PureVPN is an excellent value. It’s reliable, easy to use, and provides excellent performance. The product includes additional features and options not provided by competitors that may be attractive to some users, especially those in high censorship counties.