Net Nanny is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices; however, not all features are available on all platforms. Net Nanny features include:
- A single web console for managing all Net Nanny settings on Mac, Windows, and Android devices for everyone in a family.
- Filter web pages by category in real-time
- Filter secure (https) web pages in real-time
- Create custom web filtering categories
- Safe search, enforced on all major search engines
- Individual whitelist/blacklist filtering
- Family-level whitelist/blacklist filtering
- Profanity masking, which prevents profanity from appearing on the screen
- Time controls, scheduling
- Monitor or block IM and chat
- Custom user profiles
- Send alerts by email
- Web portal/dashboard
Net Nanny for Android features:
- Internet filtering (18 categories)
- Age-based profiles
- Safe Search enforcement
- Profanity masking
- Custom filtering categories
- App manager
- Time controls
- Remote administration and reports
- Enhanced reporting
- Email notifications
Net Nanny for iOS features:
- Internet filtering software, including three predefined safety settings
- Safe search enforcement
- Profanity masking
- Browser settings (replaces Safari)
- Cut and paste
- Pinch and zoom
- Landscape mode
- Multiple tabs
- URL browsing history and suggestions
- Persistent cookies
- Alternative search with Google, Yahoo!, Bing
Net Nanny Social, available separately, monitors your child’s photos, friends, and comments on 7 networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, and LinkedIn. Net Nanny Social is a child Internet protection software that allows parents access to children’s online activity. Net Nanny Social can monitor many children on many networks for one low cost.
The social monitoring feature of Net Nanny for Windows monitors a child on Facebook while Net Nanny Social monitors a child’s friends, pictures, and posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+ and LinkedIn with more to be added.
Net Nanny recognizes that a family may have a diverse selection of devices, offering you a package that can include any combination of Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Net Nanny is a program that is designed for family use, not a relabeled corporate surveillance system. It allows you to prevent your child from certain activities and provides support for Macs and mobile devices, and is designed to specifically help you control your child’s social networking activities.
Pricing can be a bit complicated, but for
- Up to 10 devices (7 Windows PCs, 3 Macs or Android devices) for one year (includes Social, does not include iOS devices): $79.99
- Up to 15 devices for one year (includes Social, does not include iOS devices): $9.99
- One-year license for 1 Windows PC: $31.99
- One-year license for 1 Mac: $31.99
- One-year license for 1 Android device: $10.39
- Perpetual license for 1 iOS device: $4.99
- One-year family license for Social: $31.99
Net Nanny Social is available for $19.95 annual subscription.
Technical Support is available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm Mountain Time. Support for Net Nanny for and Android and iOS devices is only available through email or live chat. All customer service requests made during business hours are replied to by the end of the same business day. Customer service requests made after hours, on holidays, or on weekends, will be replied to by the end of the next business day.
Net Nanny is the clear winner among parental control software products. The program has been designed from the ground up specifically for family use, rather than relabeled employee surveillance software. It supports all of the diverse devices that most families use, and is priced appropriately for families.