ProtectMyID is offered by Experian, one of the three credit-reporting agencies, which is based in Dublin, Ireland. Experian’s ProtectMyID subsidiary is based in a suburb of Dallas, Texas.
ProtectMyID provides online credit monitoring and resolution services that include the following:
- Text or email alerts of any suspicious activity that could be identity theft
- Credit monitoring that looks for activities that could be signs of identity theft
- Internet scans of online sources where stolen credit and debit card numbers, Social Security numbers and other personal data is traded and sold
- National change of address monitoring to ensure that identity thieves do not steal your information by rerouting sensitive documents to a new address
- All clear alerts each month to let you know if no suspicious has occurred for that month
- Lost wallet protection, which provides assistance in canceling and replacing debit, credit, and medical insurance cards
- Assists in resolving any identity theft issues if they occur
- Provides a mobile app, on either iOS or Android, for getting alerts anywhere
- $1 million identity theft insurance
- ChildSecure provides child identity theft protection by monitoring for any activities using your child’s name
It makes sense that ProtectMyID should be able to leverage its relationship with Experian, the largest credit-monitoring companies in the world. However, there is one limitation because of this: ProtectMyID does not provide access to the credit reports of its competitors, providing access only to your Experian credit report. Another limitation is on the number of credit cards that can be monitored. The All Clear alerts are handy to keep you relaxed when all is well, and the availability of a mobile app is a definite plus. They keep somewhat limited call center hours compared to some competitors.
The ProtectMyID service is available for $15.95 per month or $159.95 per year. They offer a free 14-day money back guarantee.
ProtectMyID provides an FAQ, email support, and a call center that is available 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday (Pacific Time).
ProtectMyID provides the level of service you would expect from a company of this size with such a large presence in the credit reporting industry. They provide a full set of identity protection services and some extra features such as ChildSecure for protecting your children’s identities.