IdentityForce, based in Framingham, Massachusetts, is a veteran in the industry, having been in the identity protection business since 2005. They provide identity protection services to businesses and government agencies as well, giving them a wider breadth of experience than many other companies.
IdentityForce offers two plans: UtraSecure and UltraSecure+Credit. UltraSecure provides these features:
- An easy-to-use dashboard with your current status, allowing you to monitor your personal information
- Continuously monitors your personal information to detect illegal trading and selling
- Public records monitoring including criminal, court, and sex offender records
- Instant notifications when your personal information is being misused
- Medical ID fraud protection, which provides access to your medical benefits statements to ensure that you and your family are the only ones using your medical benefits.
- Online privacy tools, including anti-phishing and anti-keylogging software to protect your online activities
- Provides an Identity Health Score that helps you determine how vulnerable you are to identity theft
- Protection backed by a nation-wide $1 million insurance policy
UltraSecure+Credit provides all of the above features, plus:
- Daily 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring
- 3-Bureau Credit Reports
- 3-Bureau Credit Scores
- Monthly Score Tracker
You can add an optional ChildWatch feature to either plan.
- Ongoing identity monitoring
- Fraud monitoring
- An identity restoration specialist
- $1 million in identity theft insurance
IdentityForce provides features not provided by the competition but at about the same price, such as medical ID fraud protection, and anti-phishing and anti-keylogging software; however, their lowest tier package, UltraSecure, does not include credit score monitoring or reporting. IdentityForce has a very low incidence of complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau—far and away fewest of any of the companies reviewed here. This is a good indication of the quality of their service. Their 24/7 phone support is also beyond the typical.
UltraSecure is priced at $17.95 per month or $179.95 per year; UltraSecure+Credit is $23.95 per month or $239.50 per year. As with most other identity protection services, they offer a 14-day trial.
Provides 24/7 phone access to their call center and 24/7 fully managed restoration services.
IdentityForce’s excellent Better Business Bureau rating and extra features make them our number one-rated identity protection service. They provide excellent service and 24/7 phone support. Their higher-end levels of service are also offered at a slightly lower price than most of their competitors.