Identity Guard is produced by Intersections, Inc, a public company traded on NASDAQ and based in Chantilly, Virginia, near Washington, D.C. Intersections has a relatively long history, founded in 1996, and offers a number of other products, including corporate identity risk management services.
IdentityGuard offers a choice of three plans: Essentials, Total Protection, or Platinum. IdentityGuard Essentials provides the following:
- Social Security Number monitoring
- Internet black market monitoring with alerts
- ID Verification alerts
- Account takeover alerts
- Identity theft victim assistance
- Lost wallet protection will send you $2000 in emergency cash from one of your accounts if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen
- $1 million identity theft insurance
- ID Vault password protection
IdentityGuard Total Protection and Platinum plans include all of the above features, plus the following:
- Address change monitoring
- Credit-monitoring from all three credit-monitoring agencies
- Credit reports and scores from all three credit-monitoring agencies
- Credit score updates (quarterly for Total Protection, monthly for Platinum)
- 3-Bureau Credit Analyzer
- Account access via mobile app for receiving alerts on-the-go
- Public record monitoring with alerts
- PC keyboard encryption software
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
They also offer an IdentityGuard Gold plan, with a slightly different configuration of features, and IdentityGuard for Kids.
They also provide SafeConnex, a free password manager for Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
Identity Guard provides more options than most, and their top-of-the-line packages provide software, such as antimalware and anti-keylogging software, that most of the competition does not. They also will send you emergency cash out of one of your accounts if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen. Although Identity Guard has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, they have a higher number of consumer complaints than the average, including complaints involving products and services, which is a concern for a product that relies so much on quality of service.
IdentityGuard Essentials is $9.99 per month; IdentityGuard TotalProtection is $19.99 per month; and IdentityGuard Platinum is $24.99 per month. IdentityGuard Gold is $17.99 per month. Identity Guard for Kids is $9.99 per month. A 14-day free trial is available.
Call center available Monday-Friday, 8am-11pm, EST and Saturday, 9am-6pm, EST. Email support available. An FAQ is also available.
IdentityGuard offers more options and features than its competitors, making it a good value; however, their call center has more limited hours than some competitors, and the high number of complaints regarding its products and services indicates that some the competitors’ packages may provide a better option.