ID Watchdog, a public company that trades on the over-the-counter market, was founded in 2004. It is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
ID Watchdog provides comprehensive monitoring and identity fraud resolution services, including:
- Access to an online dashboard with your current monitoring status, including an identity profile report, your complete credit report from all three agencies (Platinum only), and your credit score from all three agencies
- Basic identity monitoring, which includes monthly scans of public records databases searching for new information associated with your Social Security Number.
- Scans the National Change of Address (NCOA) database, which identifies new addresses associated with your personal information
- Scans Non-Credit Loan (“Payday Loan”) databases which provide high-interest, quick cash transactions and generally require minimal personal information to obtain.
- Provides cyber monitoring, which scans underground websites and illicit online databases to ensure your information, such as credit card numbers, passwords and Social Security Numbers, is not being sold on the Internet.
- Sends email and/or text message alerts when suspicious activity is detected.
- Identity restoration services if you become a victim of identity theft. ID Watchdog’s team will work with you directly, and on your behalf to make sure any fraudulent records are cleared and that your identity is restored.
- Monitors your credit and notifies you when changes such as new accounts, delinquent accounts or other credit-related information is recorded. ID Watchdog PLUS monitors your TransUnion credit report. ID Watchdog Platinum monitors your Tri-Bureau (Equifax, Experian & TransUnion) credit report.
- Access to your complete Tri-Bureau credit report as well as scores from all three credit-reporting bureaus (Equifax, Experian & TransUnion) (Platinum Only). ID Watchdog Plus does not include credit scores and only provides credit monitoring only from TransUnion.
- Monitors National Provider Identifiers (NPI) for healthcare professionals.
The ID Watchdog online dashboard is a handy feature for easily monitoring the status of your sensitive information, with colored-coded alert icons to quickly alert you to any current issues. If you subscribe to the Plus service, you have more limited access to your credit reports, though ID Watchdog will alert you if they detect any suspicious activity. Call center hours are more limited than some competitors.
ID Watchdog Plus is $14.95 per month or $134.95 per year; ID Watchdog Platinum, which includes access to your credit report and credit scores from all three credit-reporting agencies, is $19.95 per month, or $219 per year.
A call center is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (MST). Email support is also available.
ID Watchdog’s extensive data monitoring, and easy-to-use access, make it an excellent choice. They offer an above-average identity resolution guarantee by not limiting it to one million dollars as do competitors; however, the likelihood that costs could ever approach even a million dollars is remote. If you’re in a healthcare profession, NPI monitoring is a useful feature not offered by other services.