WebRoot, Inc., is based in Broomfield, Colorado, a suburb of Denver, with offices in San Mateo, California. Webroot, founded in 1997, is the largest privately held Internet security company in the United States.
Webroot SecureAnywhere is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, and comes in three configurations: SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus, and SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete. SecureAnywhere AntiVirus includes following features for one Windows PC or Mac:
- Antimalware threat protection
- Real-time anti-phishing blocks harmful websites
- Firewall and network connection monitor
- Always-on security for your data and identity works silently in the background to protect your usernames, account numbers, security codes and other personal information from theft
SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus includes the above features plus the following for up to three Windows PCs, Macs, or mobile devices:
- Secures your smartphones and tablets
- Password manager encrypts passwords and simplifies secure account access for tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktops
SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete includes all the above features plus the following additional features for up to five Windows PCs, Macs, or mobile devices:
- System Optimizer wipes away traces of your online activity, makes deleted files unrecoverable, and reclaims hard drive space by eliminating browser cache, cookies, and temporary files
- Automatic secure backup, with 25GB of secure online storage, accessible from all your devices
Webroot Anywhere is easy to install and provides a simple online panel for managing security. Its antimalware and antiphishing performance is excellent with minimal degradation to performance. It includes excellent add-on features including deleted document destruction, a password manager. It does not include antispam or parental control features.
SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for 1 device is $39.99 for 1 year, SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus for 3 devices is $59.99 (on sale at $44.99) for 1 year, and SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete for up to 5 devices is $79.99 (currently on sale for $59.99) for 1 year. They offer a 14-day free trial and a 70-day money-back guarantee.
Technical support options include an interactive knowledgebase, 24/7 email support, phone support Monday through Friday 7am−6pm MT (other times available if you are in Ireland or Australia), Twitter support, and a community forum.
Webroot SecureAnywhere is an excellent value, providing protect for both Windows PCs and Macs, and with Plus or Complete also provides support for Android and iOS mobile devices. This an excellent choice if you need to support multiple device types and don’t need parental control or antispam features.